ULTRA Mobile™ is a distributed test system designed from the ground up for complex field test requirements.
Distributed testing requires test systems located at different physical locations to carry out coordinated actions and/or measurements.
Planning and conducting these distributed tests can be complex and error prone. ULTRA Mobile™ allows distributed tests
to be planned and conducted as easily as lab-based tests. Among the capabilities of the ULTRA Mobile™ platform are:
- A single unified test plan, developed in a GUI-based test executive, defines
the entire distributed test sequence for all participating nodes
- Once the test plan is distributed to all participating ULTRA Mobile™ nodes, no further communication is required
between nodes during the testing
- Test measurements and actions can be coordinated or timestamped to within 25 ns
- Multiple application feature sets can be deployed simultaneously on the ULTRA Mobile™ platform, allowing complete
- Choice of hardware node to suit testing environment (laptop, luggable PC, desktop, rackmount chassis)
Applications of ULTRA Mobile™ include:
- Drive testing of mobile voice communications systems to collect RF power (RSSI), BER/BLER, voice quality, noise, interference, and I/Q data
- Simulcast radio system testing (synchronized data collection at each simulcast site)
- Distributed sensor system testing, including test range, airborne and shipboard applications
- Mobile data communication systems testing for throughput, latency, and error rates
- Other distributed test applications requiring coordinated test actions without the need for communications between test systems during
Figure 1 below illustrates how ULTRA Mobile™, equipped with the RF and P.862 PESQ feature
sets, can be employed to perform a complex field acceptance test for a Project 25 (P25) land mobile
radio (LMR) system:
Figure 1: Application of ULTRA Mobile™ to Project 25 Land Mobile Radio System Field Acceptance Testing
In this application, the distributed ULTRA Mobile™ system is performing multiple simultaneous test functions,
including supporting two simultaneous drive test vehicles with talk-in and talk-out voice quality measurements. RF measurements
are being taken at both vehicle locations as well as at two simulcast receiver locations. An ULTRA Mobile™ node is
also originating and terminating voice quality measurements at a dispatch location.
Contact Veraxsys today to learn more about the
ULTRA Mobile™ system.
© 2001-2010 Veraxsys, Inc.
All Rights Reserved